Monday, October 6, 2008

A FUNNY OBSERVATION

The popper AHHHHHH!!!!The Dart gun

Well I don't have kids but I have pretty much been around them my whole life being the youngest of 6 kids and having 21 nieces and nephews. I know that parents mean well when they go to the store and want to find the perfect toy that they think their child will love and have so much fun with, or the child picks it out and wants it so bad and cries until the parent gives in and buys it. The funny part about this, is that parents don't really consider or think about what exactly they are buying sometimes. I know a lot of you parents can relate, you know they toys that make the same annoying sound over and over or the little popper thing they push around that has the balls that pop when they hit the thing in the middle(that toy makes me what to get a sledge hammer and go to town) so I'm sure by now you all have a vision in your head of the toys that annoy you to death. What then usually occurs is the kids are having a great time but the parents are about to pull their hair out and then start to get mad and the kids for playing with the toys. A perfect example of this, this last weekend I went home to visit my mom and she was babysitting the kids she had bought them these toy guns that shoot little dart things(at an unusually powerful force that should be reevaluated for a child's gun! I would know I got hit by several) anyway, they proceeded to run all over the house and shoot them at each other and at targets, well after a couple of hours my mom was trying to get them to "put the guns away and watch a movie" ha ha yea right they are little boys with toy guns that actually shoot things. She looked like she was about to lose it and start pulling her hair out and I started laughing and said "you can't buy them toys like that and then get mad at them when they play with them", we had a really good laugh after that about it . I have witnessed this several times and just think it is so funny. I personally blame the people who make the toys for not considering this to begin with, but since they don't, next time we want to put a smile on a child's face with the perfect toy I recommend really doing some research on they toy and how it is going to affect us 4 hours after we buy it. Just for everyone sake.

Please feel free to comment and tell me the toys that annoy you I would really like to make a list so that I never buy them for my children and then have to hear them cry when I take them away and smash them with a hammer into tiny pieces:)


6 comments:

kyla said...

There are very few toys that annoy me. I have this wonderful abillity to just block them out. Ron on the other hand hates about every toy I buy he says I buy the most annoying ones they sell.

Kristina P. said...

Sheenalynne, thanks so much for the nice comment! I will definitely be stalking you and adding you to my blogroll.

I'm not around little kids too much, so just about anything loud will annoy me.

Anonymous said...

Ummmm Cameron's niece always plays with this toy at Grandma's house. It's a piano that plays Christmas songs and she puts it on repeat and runs around in circles around it. It happens all year round and it is THE SAME SONG over and over and over...and well, you get the point. Anything that makes noise, is a definite NO!

Kristina P. said...

Ahhhh, Michon must have told you about my blog! She is an old roommate. Love her and Matt.

Sheenalynne said...

yea Michon and her sister told me how funny it was and that I would enjoy and they were right.

Nate & Elisa said...

It is always the annoying toys that keep them entertained the best... and personally I rather listen to the toy than them crying. :)