Monday, October 20, 2008

WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE?

Ok so on my way to work this morning at 5:40AM, I am trying to hurry so I won't be late. I take the back road where it is all dark, run down and basically pretty ghettto! I see a car coming toward me and it is flashing it's lights. Without even really thinking I started to stop. Then all the sudden the voice of reason came into my mind, yelling what are you doing? it's dark, there is no one around, and you are stopping for a car and have no idea who it is or what they want! I was already stopped at this point the the person was rolling down there very dark tinted window! (yikes!!!) I was freaking out at this point thinking, well I've finally done it! this is how I'm going to die! but I just sat there and didn't speed of like my human instinct was telling me to. Luckily it was a lady who was lost looking for the airport! whoosh. I tried to give her directions but she said she had been lost for awhile. I was already going to be late for work and knew she probably would not find it. She said "I beg of you"(sad, that totally suckered me in) So I led her there!(totally making me late for work being as my gas light was on and i had to stop and get gas too) she stopped me again and said "what do I owe you?" of course I said nothing. She said "o thank you, you are an angel" well that gave me the warm fuzzes:) I drove off feeling good and glad I stopped! But really that was a risky thing that I did. SO MY QUESTION, WHERE DO YOU DRAW THE LINE OF BEING A KIND HELPING CITIZEN OF SOMEONE IN NEED OR A CITIZEN THAT HAS THE "EVERYMAN FOR THEMSELVES" ATTITUDE? ANYONE?

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It's tough. I think we've been conditioned to fear everyone and everything, and I think that we need to be smart and cautious, but you did a good thing here.

I just carry pepper spray everywhere, just in case.

Sheenalynne said...

That's a good idea. I think that I will get me some pepper spray.

Rich and Brianne said...

You are the nicest!! I would have ignored it completely. But that's the difference between us; you're nice!!

Sheenalynne said...

Haha I know my dad always says thats what is going to get me killed one day, because i'm to nice and befriend everyone. Two summers ago one of my best friends for the summer was an ex convict with tats and long hair, but he was awesome and so funny.

Anonymous said...

I like the every man for himself idea personally...... oh and I remember hearing about the ex convict guy...i think.

Cynthia said...

Very Brave I don't think I would have stopped being to chicken thiniking like you I could die from this! you're very nice.

Steph said...

You don't be nice you just step on the gas and drive like hell.

Trish said...

I think it's good to be nice and friendly . . . but not if you find it will risk your safety. I have found since I have become a mom I don't take those risks like I used to because I have little ones depending on me. The world is kind of a crazy place now so try and be careful.

Jen said...

I agree with what Steph said!!!