Monday, July 28, 2008

FRIDAY AND SATURDAY OF THE B-DAY WEEK

Well on Firday I headed home for the BBQ my family was having for me on Sat, and I wanted to make this cake I had made like 4 years ago out of angel food twinkies but of course my luck they were out of them in every store I tried. So with Melinda's help we came up with our own. I used little Debbie's strawberry swiss cake rolls and strawberry pie filling. I cut them up and put some wrap in the bottom on a bowl and lined the sides then poured the mix in. I should have put some strawberries in the middle but didn't think about it till later. then I added another layer of rolls and some more gel and let it get cold, then flipped it over and ........ Here it is! I made some homemade whip cream and it was pretty good I thought.
We had a BBQ on sat after the parade, it was fun. My sister Stephanie and her husband and their kids came and brought me these balloons. It is not the best pic but the kids really wanted to be in one.
My Mom also made me a Turtle cake!! It is my favorite kind of cake and the only time I will eat chocolate cake. So we had to get a pic with that for my mom. I'm not to fond of this picture but my mom wanted one. She is the best mom and I wanted to thank for her all she does.

That's it for this years birthday. Next year I really am not having one unless someone wants to take me to Hawaii :)

7 comments:

Trish said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! Sounds like you had lots of fun celebrations.

Rich and Brianne said...

This cake turned out beautiful! I hope it was as good as our other amazing creation. Hindel sure knows how to whip up those desserts:)

kyla said...

Wow you look great... I like your hair and your slim new butt!!!

the stahle's said...

That cake looks amazingly yummy! How did it taste? Thanks for sharing the end of your big day with us...

Crystal said...

Your cake is so pretty you need to email me that recipe!!! :) You look great as usual. I hope you had a really good birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I believe we tried to make something like that before....do you recall? You're hair looks so cute in all of these pictures! I miss you already!

Kristina P. said...

Seriously, that cake is making me drool. Want to make it and bring it over?