Thursday, July 10, 2008

ENSIGN JULY 2008 -- HAD TO SHARE


I was reading in the July Ensign and I read this story by Deirdre M. Paulsen who's husband was serving as the mission president in the Brazil Curitiba Mission she told a story called "Faith in his step.... and a song in his heart,". It is about a guy from southern Brazil named Paulo Tvuarde, who was in her ward who walked to church almost every sunday for 14 years except when the mud was so thick that he couldn't make it. He left his house at 3:00 am to make it there because it took him 8 hours and he walks 25 miles!!!!! Deirdre asked the man who was telling her about Paulo "why would he do that?" the man replied "BECAUSE HE BELIEVES THAT THE CHURCH IS TRUE."


I loved this story and Paulo is such an example to me. I lived across the street from the church for 19 years and their were days when I thought that was to far!! I feel like I will be making a better effort to get to church on sundays and not take for grantite what I have.


I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS. I AM GOING TO TRY AND DO THIS ONCE A MONTH WHEN I GET MY ENSIGN. JUST SHARE SOMETHING I REALLY LIKED OUT OF IT:)

4 comments:

Rich and Brianne said...

What a great idea! You are an inspiration to me:) I really liked that story too.

Trish said...

That is a neat story, thanks for sharing.

Crystal said...

WOW that is such a great storie. It is such a good remindedr on how fortunate we are to have a church house so close to us. Thanks so much for sharing that. You need to make sure you do this once a month because it is so nice for me to read things like this.

Crystal said...

I love your quotes on the side of your blog, I stole the one about the devil haha that makes me want to get up every morning and just be a better wife, mother and person. Thanks so much for your good example and for having such a great testimony,