Friday, June 20, 2008

DAY 3, CALF CREEK 6 MILE HIKE!! YES IN THESE SHOES!

Well for day 3 I decided to hike calf creek falls. It had been like 15 years since I've been there, just enough time to forget just how bad it is. Well me , my niece Shay, and my two nephews Landyn and Austyn headed out and Austyn wore this ridiculous hat but I let him anyway. We started off with alot of energy but as we went on Shay and Austyn totally thought they were gonna die, it was pretty funny. I forgot just how hot it gets and how long it seems. I tried to tell the kids how long it was but they were up for it until about one mile down. We finally made it and played in the freezing water for a bit and headed the next 3 miles back. They all thought they were gonna die on the way back too! we were out of water and hot and can you say blisters!! which are already forming on my feet from those shoes!! but we made it! It was fun and I said well i'll probably be back in 15 years cause it will take me that long to forget. Shay said she wished she had not gone but was glad she made it. Austyn was just all about trying to fish in the river and lost his towel but don't worry we found it. Landyn said I was all energized at first and by the time we got back I was about on my hands and knees crawling! All in all a pretty good day, but I think I will hold out on that hike for awhile. At least until my blisters go away!!!o I wore these shoes because they were all I had and I didn't want to get the new ones I just bought for running, dirty. Not just because i'm stupid or like to hike in style, for all you wondering.

2 comments:

kyla said...

WHat is it you usually say ( Uhhh Hello)Who hikes eveen a afew feet in those clunks. Looks like you plem wore them out i guess we know what to do next tiem we need too.

kyla said...

Ok so I was typing fast I know my spelling sucks Ok!!!!